- Created on 09/24/2008
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
In 1996, Congress enacted The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This act was designed to help keep patient information secure and established regulations for the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
You can read about Lompoc Valley Medical Center privacy policies and HIPPA enforcements in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Offsite HIPAA Links
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - HIPAA Page
- Office for Civil Rights page on HIPAA
- Full text of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- California Office of HIPAA Implementation CalOHI Burt R. Cohen, Director.
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports regarding HIPAA from University of North Texas Libraries