Quality Improvement Nurse
This position reports to and acts as assistant to the Director of Quality Improvement, Risk Management and Infection Prevention and Control (Director of QI/RM/IC).
This person will assist the Director of QI/RM/IC in the development, monitoring and evaluation of quality indicators to improve and maintain the quality of care given to the patients.
This position will support activities relating to the outcomes of the Quality Improvement Process.
At times, attend Medical Staff Quality of Care Committees and present accurate and timely data to Medical staff, hospital clinical staff, and the Board of Directors when the Director is unable to attend.
Assist in the training of directors and employees in the Continuous Quality Improvement process.
Assist directors in complying with state, federal, and accreditation standards.
Extract and analyze information from various areas in cooperation with the Infection Preventionist and the QI Data Analyst. This will include reviewing medical records, gathering data, and entering information into the appropriate program or software and preparation of assigned reports.
Record patient and/or family complaints in a nonjudgmental and compassionate manner. Forward complaints to QI Director or appropriate director for review and follow-up.
Logging and reviewing Quantros Event Reports in a timely manner, making the Director of QI aware of any adverse situations.
- CDC Infection Control patient/employee information
- The Joint Commission
- Core Measures (COPE)
- The Quality Net and Quality Improvement Organization (QIO – HSAG)
- Lexi-Comp online
- Assist the QI Department in remaining abreast of current practices in the medical field for presentation to the medical staff subcommittees
Attend educational conferences/seminars in order to gain information that will bring LVMC up to date with regulatory influences, quality benchmarks, and evidenced based best practices. (Funding provided by LVMC with approval).
- Able to learn & use various computer systems and software including: MAXSystem, Affinity, COPE or Quantros RRM, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Quick Chart (Optio/Bottom Line) and to learn new programs as they become available.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Must have current California RN license.
- Must have fine motor skills for keyboarding.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Has ability to multitask.
- The ability to have positive interactions with co-workers, physicians or any member of the public.
- Must work well under stress and tight deadlines.
- Has the ability to access multiple computer software tools.
- Education: Registered Nurse/Bachelor's Degree and/or Certification in related specialty –
- Experience: Three (3) years current clinical experience in an acute healthcare organization required; previous quality improvement background preferred. Varied clinical experience in hospital absolutely necessary.
- Skills/Ability: Excellent verbal and writing skills required. Ability to organize multiple assignments, and follow through with accuracy. Able to review medical records with an understanding of medical, medico-legal issues and patient care standards/regulations/guidelines.
- Conduct: Able to handle multiple tasks with interruptions, work independently, follow instructions, and maintain a high level of professional conduct
- Character: Demonstrate maturity, initiative, emotional stability, tact and poise. Exercise good judgment under stress. Understand the sensitive and confidential nature of the department