- Responsible for the acquisition, follow-up and tracking of all purchases made on behalf of the Healthcare District.
- Processes purchase requests from departments and determines the proper method of procurement and distribution.
- Places orders expediently utilizing approved vendors and assures timely cost effective delivery of products and services.
- Works closely with Central Distribution to assure that all material requirements of the district are met and maintained.
- Processes incoming orders, performs follow-up and coordinates with requesting departments acceptable substitute replacements for back ordered or unavailable items.
- Correctly files and distributes issue summaries to customer departments.
- Performs quality control of all documents processed and reconciles all discrepancies.
- Provides customer service using positive techniques to build communication and cooperation with all departments and staff while focusing on continuous improvement.
- Assists customers with issue requests, item research and status of orders.
- Able interpret and identify product and price information for requesting departments utilizing product catalogs, contracts and the materials management information system.
- Prepares documents and arranges for the return of items to vendors.
- Prepares packages and arranges for out going shipments via truck, UPS, Fed Ex or other approved means of transportation.
- Maintains the materials management information system to include determining adequate reorder points, reorder quantities and processes and monitors all orders placed through the system.
- Monitors the receiving process as required for stock and non-stock purchases, investigates and resolves all problems and discrepancies.
- Prepares for and assists in the performance of physical inventory as required.
- Able to requisition, receive and distribute supplies to requesting departments.
- Attends in-service education programs as assigned or required.
- Participates in team activities and quality improvement initiatives.
- Must work well under stress or tight deadlines.
- Must work well with supervisors, co-workers, patients/residents, family members and visitors.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Any combination of training, education and work experience that demonstrates ability to satisfactorily perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Typical qualifying experience: basic mathematics, record keeping, filing systems and procedures, computer data entry skills, warehousing using appropriate safety precautions in the transport of heavy items.
- Certifications/License: Valid California Drivers License.
- Skills/Ability: Knowledge of medical supplies, patient chargeable, and hospitals terminology. Ability to take verbal orders in the department by telephone, follow set rules, perform tasks that are detailed and repetitive, work as department needs dictate. Follow through with accuracy, exercise good judgment, and demonstrate initiative, emotional stability, tact and poise. Ability to develop computer literacy.