10:00 AM – 2:00 PM and
4:00 PM – 8:00 PM daily.
5:00 AM – 8:00 PM daily.
- Created: 08-12-08
Incorporates: Utilization Management/Case Management/Social Services Department
The Mission of the UM/CM/SS Department is to assist patients and families with their physicians and hospital staff to direct care to an appropriate level for their clinical needs, and to assure reimbursement for that care by payers; to coordinate services necessary post-discharge integrating the psycho socioeconomic factors influencing continuity of care; and to province patient advocacy in a compassionate manner.
Scope of Service
Services are available for all patients and their families: assessment within 24 hours of admission and 48 hours for weekend admits for socioeconomic problems arising out of the patient's illness and a discharge plan of care. Appropriate referrals are made to community resources. The assessment (with patient and family involved), individualized plan for short and long-term goals, and referrals will be documented in the patient's medical record in the progress note section for all involved physicians and staff to access the plan.
The services are provided Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 and on-call 24/7. NASW, JCAHO are recognized standards for care and compliance with Title XXII are followed. There is participation in the Bioethics Committee and based upon daily, concurrent review of patient's care, a weekly Care Conference is conducted for outliers, aberrancies and quality of care issues. The department reports to the CEO administratively and the Quality of Care
- Advance Health Care Directive
- Infant Death Support Groups and Literature
- Healthy Families Program
- Medical Social Service Resources
Case Management Useful Links
- www.Alcoholics Anonymous.org
- www.Gamblers Anonymous.org
- www.Narcotics Anonymous.org
- www.Santa Barbara County Rape Crisis.com
- www.Santa Barbara County Public Health Department.org
- www.Santa Barbara Alcohol and Drug Program.com
- www.Family Service Agency.org
- www.Central Coast Seniors.org
- www.California Literacy.org