Need to pay your hospital bill?

Pay Your Bill Online

Patients and Visitors

Find qualified physicians located right here in our community.

Last Name First Name Specialty Degree Phone Address
Machin Tomas Anatomic & Pathology MD 737-3328 1515 East Ocean Ave
Ashnin Michael Anesthesiology MD 737-3164 PO Box 1422
Kwon Cedric Anesthesiology MD 736-3164 PO Box 1422
Gul Khawar Cardiology MD 737-7771 136 North Third Street #1
Taber Brian Family Medicine MD 736-1253 136 N. Third St.
Bosko Allan Family Medicine MD 737-8700 1225 North H St.
Li Lawrence Family Medicine MD 737-1169 425 W. Central Ave. #201
Lumsdaine Christopher Family Medicine MD 736-1253 136 N. Third St
Onishi Richard Family Medicine MD 737-8700 1225 North H St.
Sawyer John Family Medicine MD 740-9400. 1101 E. Ocean Ave., #B
Schlosser Carl Family Medicine MD 740-9400. 1101 E. Ocean Ave., #B
Ekstrum Dale Family Medicine MD 735-4292 217 W. Central Ave. #G
Ercolini-Bhatia Lisa Family Medicine MD 736-1253 136 North Third Street
Gausman William Family Medicine MD 737-3164 PO Box 1422
Gusland Cory Family Medicine MD 740-9400 1101 E. Ocean Ave., #B
Kim Sharon Family Medicine MD 737-8700 1225 Noth H Street
Raoufi Rahim Gastroenterology MD  740-6633 228 South D St., #B
Thiele William General Dentistry DDS 736-7714 719 E. Ocean Ave
Sinkaset Bandhit General Surgery MD 736-1253 136 N. Third St.
Pierce William General Surgery MD 735-4809 1111 E. Ocean Ave. #3
Davis Peter General Surgery MD 735-4809 1111 E. Ocean Ave. #3
Walker Donna Hematology MD 735-1155 1201 E. Ocean Ave. #B
Straits Cathy Internal Medicine MD 737-8700 1225 North H St
Andersen Gilbert Internal Medicine MD 735-3388 1025 E. Ocean Ave. # E
Bailey Rollin Internal Medicine MD 736-1253 136 N. Third St.
Burgess Daryl Internal Medicine DO 737-8700 1225 North H St.
Cavallero Adam Internal Medicine MD 737-8700 1225 North H St.   
Gregersen Howard Internal Medicine MD 737-6400 301 North R St.
Riemer Lawrence Internal Medicine MD 736-9477 601 E. Ocean Ave. #7
Ente Philip Neurology MD 735-7623 1111 E. Ocean Ave. #4A
Huss Rodney Obstetrics / Gynecology MD 735-6490 101 S. B St. #B
Jamison W. Blake Obstetrics / Gynecology MD 736-7537 101 S. B St.
Trujillo Lloyd Obstetrics / Gynecology MD 737-8624 1017 East Ocean Avenue #A
Bines Lawrence Obstetrics / Gynecology MD 737-6450 301 North R St.
Blaschke Donald Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery DDS 735-3665 1111 E. Ocean Ave. #9
Fry Robert Orthopedic Surgery MD 737-8750 1225 North H Street
Gill Michael Orthopedic Surgery MD 735-7621 1025 E. Ocean Ave #A
Lindberg Cameron Orthopedic Surgery MD 735-3434 1111 E. Ocean Ave. #1
Michel Randall Otolaryngology MD 736-1253 136 North Third Street
Weinstock Bernard Otolaryngology MD 733-4551 3839 Constellation Rd.
Williams James Pediatrics MD 737-6400 301 North R Street
Husayn Farooq Pediatrics MD 737-8760 1225 North H St.
Dembinski Karolina Pediatrics DO 737-1169 425 W. Central Ave., #201
Remington Katherine Pediatrics MD 737-8760 1225 North H Street
Bodnar Karen Pediatrics MD 736-1253 136 N Third St
Ramalingam Panangattur Pediatrics MD 737-6400 301 North R St.
Blifeld Cindy Pediatrics MD 736-4970 1111 E. Ocean Ave. #6
Sherieff Faridi Podiatry DPM 736-8818 509 E. Ocean Ave.
Sager Jeffery Pulmonology MD 898-8840 136 North Thrid St.
McAninch David Radiology MD 737-3375 1515 East Ocean Ave
Enoch Duard Radiology MD 735-3608 1515 East Ocean Ave
Trevino Robert Urology MD 737-8765 1017 East Ocean Avenue #B


The Lompoc Valley Medical Center Gift Shoppe offers a variety of items for sale aimed to bring comfort to patients and visitors alike. Along with the popular flowers, cards, balloons and candy, jewelry, books, stuffed animals, shoppers will also find unexpected delights tuned to the seasons. As well as select artwork featured through out the hospital.

Shoppe Hours

  • Monday - Sunday: 11:00am to 02:00pm
  • Monday - Friday: 04:00pm to 06:00pm
  • Closed Holidays


The Gift Shop is located in the main lobby and is open during visiting hours and is operated by the Hospital Auxiliary.

What is 2009 H1N1 flu?

2009 H1N1 flu is a new influenza virus causing illness in people. Most people do not have immunity to this virus, so it spreads quickly.

People with the flu spread the virus through coughing or sneez- ing near others. Sometimes people may become infected by touching something with flu viruses on it and then touching their eyes, mouth, or nose.

Those currently at higher risk of serious flu-related complica- tions from 2009 H1N1 flu include children younger than five years old, pregnant women, people of any age with certain chronic medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease), adults and children who have a weak immune system, residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities and persons aged 65 years or older. See for more information about high risk groups.

What are the signs and symptoms of 2009 H1N1 flu in people?

The symptoms of seasonal and 2009 H1N1 flu virus in people include fever or chills AND cough or sore throat. In addition, symptoms of flu can include runny nose, body aches, headache, tiredness, diarrhea, or vomiting. Like seasonal flu, 2009 H1N1 flu may cause a worsening of underlying chronic medical conditions.

In adults, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

  • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
  • Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
  • Sudden dizziness
  • Confusion
  • Severe or persistent vomiting
  • Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough

In children, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

  • Fast breathing or trouble breathing
  • Bluish or gray skin color
  • Not drinking enough fluids
  • Severe or persistent vomiting
  • Not waking up or not interacting
  • Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
  • Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough

Severe illness (pneumonia and respiratory failure) and deaths have been reported with 2009 H1N1 flu infection in some people.

How long should a person stay out of work if they have an influenza-like illness?

Workers who have symptoms of influenza-like illness (see above) should stay home and not come to work until at least 24 hours after their fever has resolved. You should plan now to allow and encourage sick workers to stay home.

When will it hit my community and how serious will it be?

The 2009 H1N1 flu influenza virus may affect different com- munities at different times and in different ways. The flu may make many more people sick then usual, or it may not. We will likely see a re-emergence or continued outbreak in communities as the regular 2009–2010 flu season begins this fall.

Why should small business owners plan for 2009 H1N1 flu?

Small businesses are especially susceptible to the negative economic impacts of a flu pandemic. An estimated 25 percent of businesses do not reopen following a major disaster, according to the Institute for Business and Home Safety. Planning from the outset can help offset business losses, and protect your business and your employees when this flu hits. Benefits of planning are:

  • Minimize disruption to business activities
  • Protect employees’ health and safety
  • Limit the negative impact to the community,economy and society.

What steps should you be prepared to take when the H1N1 flu hits your community?

CDC recommends that sick people stay home and away from the workplace. The best way to slow the spread of the disease is to keep sick people away from well people, given that the 2009 H1N1 flu virus is a new virus and most people will not have prior immunity to protect them from acquiring infection. If sick people come to work, they may infect other workers, and this has the potential to lead to a high rate of absenteeism in the workplace.

Your business’s actions should be tied to the extent and severity in your local area. Choose someone to be responsible for flu issues at the workplace. They should contact the local heath department for guidance and monitor the level and severity of 2009 H1N1 flu illness in your business’ community and region, and sign up for e-mailed updates from

Where can I go for more resources?

Additional website links can be found on the last page of this guide. More resources can be found online at, a one-stop access to U.S. Government 2009 H1N1 flu, avian and pandemic flu information. Also go to for help on preparing a business continuity plan.

For patients who do not have insurance coverage, there are alternate funding and payment plan options offered by our hospital. Our hospital staff will work with you to identify the options available to you based on government and hospital rules and regulations.

The following is an overview of the financial assistance programs provided by our hospital.

Medical Eligibility Program (MEP)

The Medical Eligibility Program is a hospital service provided to you at no cost. You may qualify for government programs which pay for all or part of your hospital and medical expenses. If you are under 21 or over 65 years old, have children in the household, are pregnant, potentially disabled, or have been a Victim of Crime you may qualify. Our hospital Patient Advocates will assist you with the application process.

Government Programs Which You May Qualify For:

  • Medicaid/Medi-Cal
  • Temporary Assistance for needy Families
  • Social Security Disability
  • Supplemental Security Income
  • County Indigent
  • Victims of a Violent Crime Fund

You may obtain a Medi-Cal application online at

Charity Care Program-Financial Assistance

Charity care is available to patients who do not have the means to pay for hospital expenses and do not qualify for any government programs. You may qualify for hospital financial assistance if your household income is below 350% of the federal poverty limit or if your annual out of pocket medical costs exceeded 10% of your household income in the past twelve months. To be considered for this assistance program, you will be required to provide information on your household finances through a confidential Financial Application. Documentation will be requested to verify your circumstances in order to determine eligibility.

Uninsured Discount Program

Uninsured Patients are eligible for our Compact with Uninsured discounts. Our hospital Patient Advocates will assist you with understanding the rules of eligibility for the Uninsured Discount Program.

Privacy is an important issue at Lompoc Valley Medical Center. To help you understand your medical record, we have provided answers to many frequently asked questions. 

How can I get a copy of my records?

If an individual wants their records and they have a large sized chart there is a copy service that can be hired. There is a charge for anything over 10 pages. Those charges would be a flat fee of $9.75 plus $.25 per page. Requesting your own record or authorized to receive another patients record requires a visit to LVMC Health Information Department 805-737-3330, filing a form detailing the records you seek, and a valid signature.  LVMC will copy the requesters government issued identification for LVMC record.

Who has access to my medical records?

Access to all medical records are obtainable by any law enforcement agency: sheriff, coroner, FBI, local police departments, Child Protective Services (CPS), etc. in the role of their investigation. Doctors, doctor's offices and hospitals affiliated with your care request records and often require the consent of the patient.

What if I am unable to get my own records?

In case of an emergency the patient should have a durable power of attorney completed or on file with us. If the patient is not able to request their own records, their Durable Power or Attorney (DPOA) comes into effect and their agents request records. LVMC offers Advanced Directives free of charge.

Am I able to request my children's records?

Parents are authorized copies of children records when the child is under the age of 18.

Should I get a copy of my records if I move?

Not necessarily. With your consent, LVMC medical records are available to your new physician. For further information, please call our staff at 805-737-3330. 

The Ocean's Seven Café is located at the southwest end of the building. Breakfast lunch and dinner are served all week long. The Café opens at 7:00am and closes at 7:00pm. Snacks are available when meals are not being served. There are also vending machines available outside the Emergency Department waiting room. Vending machines are available 24 hours a day.

Lompoc Valley Medical Center's Dietary and Food Services department serves a balanced meal from a selective menu for most patients.

Hours of Operation

For the convenience of the Lompoc community, the Ocean's Seven Cafe is open 7 days a week, from 7:00am to 7:00pm.


Daily 7:00am - 9:30am


Daily 11:30am - 1:30pm


Daily 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Lunch Menu

Week One: April 13 – 17

Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup, Turkey/Hamburger Bar, Vegetarian Pesto Pasta

Tuesday - Italian Wedding Soup, Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Breast Marsala

Wednesday - Manhattan Clam Chowder, Fresh Catch Of The Day, Chicken & Dumplings

Thursday - Tortilla Soup, Beef or Chicken Fajitas, Chili Verde

Friday - New England Clam Chowder, Fresh Catch Of The Day, Oscar’s Meatloaf

Week Two: April 20 – 24

Monday – French Onion Soup, Roast Turkey Breast, Roast Top Round of Beef

Tuesday - Creamy Tomato Soup, Grilled Reuben Sandwich, Roast Pork Loin

Wednesday -    Seafood Chowder, Fresh Fish Du Jour, Grilled Pattie Melt

Thursday - Vegetarian Three Bean Soup, Blackened Steak Sandwich with Chipotle Aioli, Seasonal Vegetable Pesto Pasta 

Friday - New England Clam Chowder, Fresh Fish Du Jour, B.B.Q. Beef Ribs

Specials are $6.50 and include soup or salad, entree with starch and vegetable and dessert. Besides our daily featured entrees, we also offer items from the grill; hamburgers, gardenburgers, burritos, onion rings, chicken strips, etc.... Also offered during lunch only, is our mouth watering Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad.

This document explains your right to make healthcare decisions and how you can plan now for your medical care if you are unable to speak for yourself in the future

Who decides about my treatment?

Your doctors will give your information and advice about treatment. You have the right to choose. You can say Yes to treatments you want. You can say No to any treatments that you don't want even if the treatment might keep you alive longer.

How do I know what I want?

Your doctor must tell you about your medical condition and about what different treatments and pain management alternatives can do for you. Many treatments have side effects. Your doctors must offer you information about problems that medical treatment is likely to cause you Often, more than one treatment might help you-and people have different ideas about which is best.

Your doctor can tell you which treatments are available to you, but your doctor can't choose for you. That choice is yours to make and depends on what is important to you.

Can other people help with my decisions?

Yes. Patients often turn to their relatives and close friends for help in making medical decisions. These people can help you think about the choices you face. You can ask the doctors and nurses to talk with your relatives and friends. They can ask the doctors and nurses questions for you.

Can I choose a relative or friend to make healthcare decisions for me?

Yes. You may tell your doctor that you want someone else to make healthcare decisions for you. Ask the doctor to list that person as your healthcare surrogate in your medical records. The surrogate's control over your medical decisions is effective only during treatment for your current illness or injury or, if you are in a medical facility, until you leave the facility

What if I become too sick to make my own healthcare decisions?

If you haven't named a surrogate, your doctor will ask your closest available relative or friend to help decide what is best for you. Most of the time that works, but sometimes everyone doesn't agree about what to do. That's why it I s helpful if you can say in advance what you want to happen if you can't speak for yourself.

Do I have to wait until I am sick to express my wishes about health care?

No, in fact it is better to choose before you get very sick or have to go into a hospital, nursing home, or other healthcare facility. You can use an Advance Healthcare Directive to say who you want to speak for you and what kind of treatments you want.

These documents are called advance because you prepare one before healthcare decisions need to be made. They are called directives because they state who will speak on your behalf and what should be done. In California, the part of an advance directive you can use to appoint an agent and make healthcare decisions is called a Power of Attorney for Health Care The part where you can express what you want done is called an Individual Health Care Instruction

Who can make an advance directive?

You can if you are 18 years or older and are capable of making your own medical decisions. You do not need a lawyer.

Who can I name as my agent?

You can choose an adult relative or any other person you trust to speak for you when medical decisions must be made.

When does my agent begin making my medical decisions?

Usually, a healthcare agent will make decisions only after you lose the ability to make them yourself, but if you wish, you can state in the Power of Attorney for Health Care that you want the agent to begin making decisions immediately

How does my agent know what I would want?

After you choose your agent, talk to that person about what you want. Sometimes treatment decisions are hard to make, and it truly helps if your agent knows what you want. You can also write your wishes down in your advance directive.

What if I don't want to name an agent?

You can still write out your wishes in your advance directive without naming an agent. You can say that you want to have your life continued as long as possible, or you can say that you would not want treatment to continue your life. Also, you can express your wishes about the use of pain relief or any other type of medical treatment.

Even if you have not filled out a written Individual Health Care Instruction, you can discuss your wishes with your doctor, and ask your doctor to list those wishes in your medical record. Or, you can discuss your wishes with your family members or friends, but it will probably be easier to follow your wishes if you write them down.

What if I change my mind?

You can change or cancel your advance directive at any time as long as you can communicate your wishes. To change the person you want to make your healthcare decisions, you must sign a statement or tell the doctor in charge of your care

What happens when someone else makes decisions about my treatment?

The same rules apply to anyone who makes healthcare decisions on your behalf - a healthcare agent, a surrogate whose name you gave to your doctor, or a person appointed by a court to make decisions for you. All are required to follow your Health Care Instructions or, if none, your general wishes about treatment, including stopping treatment. If your treatment wishes are not none, the surrogate must try to determine what is in your best wishes.

The people providing your health care must follow the decisions of your agent or surrogate unless a requested treatment would be bad medical practice or ineffective in helping you. If this causes disagreement that cannot be worked out, the provider must make a reasonable effort to find another healthcare provider to take over your treatment.

Will I still be treated if I don't make an advance directive?

Absolutely. You will still get medical treatment. We just want you to know that if you become too sick to make decisions, someone else will have to make them for you. Remember that: A Power of Attorney for Health Care lets you name an agent to make decisions for you. Your agent can make most medical decisions - not just those about life sustaining treatment - when you can't speak for yourself.

You can also let your agent make decisions earlier, if you wish. You can create an Individual Healthcare Instruction by writing down your wishes about health care or by talking with your doctor and asking the doctor to record your wishes in your medical file.

If you know when you would or would not want certain types of treatment, an Instruction provides a good way to make your wishes clear to your doctor and to anyone else who may be involved in deciding about treatment on your behalf. These two types of Advance Healthcare Directives may be used together or separately.

How can I get more information about making an advance directive?

Ask your doctor, nurse, social worker, or healthcare provider to get more information for you. You can have a lawyer write an advance directive for you or you can complete an advance directive by filling in the blanks on a form.