Care Plan RN
- Conducts complete, admission assessments for arriving residents, completing MDS’s and entering Assessment Data Forms.
- Obtains input from other care disciplines.
- Completes the MDS assessment, ensuring it is complete to the best of their knowledge in describing the resident’s physical and emotional condition.
- Conducts RAPS process, distributing and obtaining input from other disciplines.
- Conducts reassessment process. Evaluates residents for changes in physical and emotional conditions and updates MDS Quarterly Assessment Data.
- Monitors reports ofdocumented changes in condition and ADL’s. Ensures they are included in care plans, that achieved objectives are advanced and that care plans remain current.
- Organizes and conducts care plan meetings: listing residents, contacting families, Medicare Care Plan, RAPS and other information, ensuring participants are prepared at the beginning of each meeting. Uses an established format.
- Ensures each developed care plan: addresses all the resident’s needs including those not included in the MDS, all objectives are appropriate, timed, and measurable, and appear logical before it is distributed.
- Performs other assignments assigned by the CCC Administrator or Director of Nursing as appropriate for his/her license and skill level.
- Position Competencies
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- The ability to maintain a California Registered Nurse License and CPR certification.
- The ability to keyboard for prolong periods of time.
- The ability to use multiple computer programs.
- The ability to sit for prolong periods of time.
- The ability to access all areas of the facility.
- Education: Education necessary to obtain a Registered Nurse License.
- Experience: Two years, recent, full time, successful experience as a Nursing Teamleader or supervisor in a skilled nursing facility.
- Certification/License: Valid California Registered Nurse License and a current CPR certification.
- Skills/Ability: Able to accurately conduct assessments of resident’s physical and emotional needs. Can demonstrate effective interpersonal skills with gaining cooperation with resident care activities. Has used and participated in the writing of weekly summaries and resident care plans. Able to spell correctly the common medication names and medical/English words used in care plans. Able to touch type sufficiently to efficiently and correctly input and change assessment and care plan data using the data base program. Has demonstrated the ability tolearn and use OBRA, MD and PPSconcepts and requirements.