Open Accessibility Menu

Medical Records

Privacy is an essential issue at Lompoc Valley Medical Center. To help you understand your medical record, we have provided answers to many frequently asked questions.

Patient Portals

Our patient portals are a secure online website that gives patients convenient, 24-hour access to personal health information from anywhere with an Internet connection. Using a username and password, patients can message their provider and view health information such as recent doctor visits, discharge summaries, current and past medications, and lab results. Patient Portal access is only granted to patients 18 years of age and older.

We currently have two patient portals, Lompoc Valley Medical Center has FollowMyHealth for hospital stays and services, and Lompoc Health has its own portal for all clinic visits and appointments.

Learn more about our portals and how to request an account.

Request Medical Record Copies

All patients can request a copy of their medical records by completing an Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information form.

You can either fax, mail, or scan and email the form to us as noted below:

  • USPS Mail: Lompoc Valley Medical Center, HIM Department
    1515 E Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436
  • Fax: 805-737-3386
  • E-Mail:

There may be charges to obtain your medical records. These charges are assessed in accordance with California Health and Safety Code. We can give you an estimate of the charges for obtaining your records once we receive your completed form.

*Please Note: CA State law allows up to 15 business days to respond to a medical records request, but in most cases, your request will be processed sooner.

Records Access for Parents

Requesting Copies of Records

Parents/permanent legal guardians can request authorized copies of their children's records by submitting a completed Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information form using the instructions above.

Requesting Patient Portal Proxy Access

Parents/permanent legal guardians can request proxy access to their child patient portal account by submitting a completed Minor portal access form. Parents/permanent legal guardians with more than one child requires a separate form for each child.

You can either fax, mail, or take a picture of the form and email it to us as noted below:

  • USPS Mail: Lompoc Valley Medical Center, HIM Department
    1515 E Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436
  • Fax: 805-737-3386
  • E-Mail:

Laws for the privacy of a minor over the age of 12 by the State of California for certain categories of information restrict parents and legal guardians from having access to the minor’s records without the consent of the minor patient and the provider. To protect the privacy of these records we do not offer proxy access for patients between the ages of 12 and 17.

Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate

The Santa Barbara County Department Office of Vital Records provides birth certificates.

Contacts for Medical Records Requests

  • Lompoc Health - North H Center
    1225 North H St, Lompoc, CA
    Phone: (805) 737-8747
    Fax: (805) 737-8656
  • Lompoc Health - North Third Center
    136 North Third St, Lompoc, CA 93436
    Phone: (805) 875-8945
    Fax: (805) 736-5355
  • Lompoc Health - Hematology-Oncology
    1213 East Ocean Ave, Suite 102
    Phone: (805) 735-1155
    Fax: (805) 735-1133
  • Lompoc Valley Medical Center
    1515 East Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA
    Phone: (805) 737-3330
    Fax: (805) 737-3386
  • Comprehensive Care Center
    216 North Third St, Lompoc, CA
    Phone: (805) 736-3466

Common Questions

Who has access to my medical records?

Access to all medical records are obtainable by any law enforcement agency: sheriff, coroner, FBI, local police departments, Child Protective Services (CPS), etc. in the role of their investigation. Doctors, doctor's offices, and hospitals affiliated with your care request records and often require the consent of the patient.

What if I am unable to get my own records?

A patient’s legal representative may request records if the release is submitted with a copy of legal documents stating they are the legal representative. LVMC offers Advance Directives forms free of charge.

Should I get a copy of my records if I move?

Not necessarily. With your consent, LVMC medical records are available to your new physician. For further information, please call our staff at 805-737-3330.